Monday, September 27, 2010

LONDON CALLING

MY TRIP TO LONDON IN PHOTOS
 Myself and Miya on the train waiting to leave Manchester Picadilly Station.

 After getting lost and it taking 3 hours to get to our hostel.  We decided we needed a picture with our bed.  The hostel turned out to not be in a bad location at all, we just had the wrong directions in the first place.  All things considering the conditions of the hostel could have been worse.  We had a bed, a shower to use and they fed us continental breakfast.

 Our first destination was Tower Bridge.  We arrived there right at dusk on Thursday evening and walk over the bridge and also saw the Tower of London where all of the jewels and possessions are kept - because of the darkness of night, I never got a good picture of the Tower of London.

 Friday started with an early rainy morning and seeing Big Ben.

 After Big Ben, we saw the House of Parliament.  Both are located in Westminster along with Westminster Abbey.  This is a picture of Aaron and I in front of the House of Parliament.

 Then on to see Buckingham Palace.  I heard from someone that if the flag is at full staff, the Queen is in the House.  In the back of the picture you can tell the flag is fully up.  Maybe the Queen was in the Palace while we were there?!?!  

 My view from the London Eye.  Unfortunatley, Friday was a rainy day and my pictures are gloomy, but on a positive note the London Eye was an amazing experience.  It is so neat to see everything.  In this picture you can see Big Ben and Westminster Abbey.

 Me from inside the London Eye!!! :)

 Saturday brought us a relaxing day of shopping and looking at unique stores.  We went to Harrods and had afternoon tea there.  Because of many restrictions I was not allowed to take any photos.  Also, we got to see the New Shoe Galleries at Selfridges London that just opened in the past couple weeks after London Fashion Week.  The shoe galleries is 35,000 square feet and displays over 4,000 styles of shoes!!! What more could a fashion Diva ask for?!?!?

Lastly, we visited the Tate Modern Museum of modern art.  It was very neat and interesting.  Once again because of the restrictions of photographs I didn't get to show you anything that was inside!  I would recommend, if you ever are in LONDON.

Overall, my trip in London was absolutely amazing.  I will have to say half the reason it was so fun was because of the people I was with.  These were just a few highlights of my trip.  We also went to the British Museum and the National Art Gallery and had dinner in China Town.  

Now we are down to business.  Classes officially started this morning and I am excited to be back on a routine.  I will let you all know how they go!

Until next time.  XoXo & love, allie

No comments:

Post a Comment