Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Begining

So...where do I begin...  My journey yesterday began at 9am in the Sioux Falls airport.  I checked my baggage and off I was through security (which went fine).  Once up in the gate terminal, I started talking with the other 3 gals I am traveling with Danielle, Chilee, & Rebecca.  We had a wonderful flight to Chicago and then has a horrendously long lay over of about 5 and half hours.  But overall the time went fast as we discussed things we wanted to do while in Europe and our fears and so on.  


The real journey began as we boarded our flight for Manchester at 5:15pm in the afternoon.  I was lucky to sit by and older native couple from York, England, to which they helped me answer some questions and they gave me tons of knowledge on things to do and see in Manchester.  We landed in Manchester at 7:30 am (1:30 am 9/14 at home) and off I was to customs and baggage claim, which all went well.  Last but not least I found my MMU student who was suppose to be picking me up and getting me to my accommodation.


After getting settled my afternoon consisted of just walking manchester with the Girls and a guy we met from North Carolina.  We all walked down to the town's city centre and saw all of the great shopping areas and checked in to bus passes and cell phones for safety reasons.  The shopping centre is going to be very dangerous for me, so I will try to stay away.  But I did find one place that was quite interesting and that is ASDA (aka Wal-Mart).  ASDA is owned by Wal-Mart and operated just like our stores with many different selections of products.  


So far the most exciting part of my trip as been listening and seeing all the people.  I am excited to get to know them better and learn their culture better.  I will say this, if they are driving a car, it is very expensive and nice and they drive like bats out of hell.  So if you think Americans are bad please come visit Manchester, England.


Pictures tomorrow.  I am tired!  I have calculated and I believe I have been up for 30 hours and couldn't really sleep on the plane (tight quarters and uncomfortable).  I am going to shower up and get some rest for tomorrow.


So long!  Love, Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment