Friday, September 17, 2010

Differences


England and the US have many similarities such as we speak English, have 4 seasons, and humans invading space, but there are plenty of differences that have made my trip what you would call interesting so far in the first four days.  

First off.  They call the restroom or bathroom toilets.  I felt so awkward today asking the lady at the amusement park where the "toilet" is.  It just seems kind of blunt like you mise well tell them I have to pee or take a poop.

Another thing that is weird is that they drive on the other side of the road and on the other side of the car.  Also, they drive like they are on the autoban even in town.  I think I am more likely to get ran over on my trip than anything else happening to me.  

They don't believe in water fountains in the UK.  I have been drinking tap water, but at the university and out at the mall they do not have a water fountain in sight.  I think there people just drink beer. 

And last but not least,  I have been freezing my tail off here.  They don't have quite the heating system we have.  They have wall radiators that run for an hour and then you have to click it on again yourself.  So I am not getting desperate and will be purchasing heavy fleece or flannel pajamas.  I did see adult footie PJs and was considering those.

love you all!  allie

No comments:

Post a Comment