Thursday, November 4, 2010

More free time than the world would know what to do with....

Hey Everyone,  As you can see by the title of this blog life in England is very free spirited.  Not much going on and definitely no course work being done as there is none, so in all of my free time I have been doing things I like to do eat, read and shop.  
I tried out a Japanese noodle place called, Umami, for lunch one day with Miya and may I say it is awesome.  My small dish was chicken teriyaki, very delicious and just the right amount. 

 My main dish was noodles with king prawn and honey roasted pork.  Once again very delicious and this meal was quite affordable.  There was a unanimous vote that we will be hitting Umami up again before we leave Manchester.  

Life lesson 1 billion, never buy knock off Nutella.  Even though it tastes as great as the branded chocolate hazelnut spread it is a dangerous weapon sitting in the cupboard especially when you are so bored you just want to eat and eat and eat.  The Nutella is officially gone and I will never be buying that again or at least not in the UK.  

 I bought some new Barry M. nailpaints.  Colours included mint green, gray, rasberry, and crackle black. Crackle black is a nail effects paint where you paint it on top of another colour and it cracks and you see the colour underneath.  It is very neat.  Also, when you have tons of free time a girl changes here nail colour at least twice a week.  :D

 I bought a new fashionable headband for the colder days here in the UK and obviously the very harsh winters in South Dakota.  It was only £2 at Primark, really how could you pass that up???

Last but not least, I have been using most of my free time to read EAT PRAY LOVE.  I have finished the EAT and PRAY sections and am now on to the final section of LOVE where she is in Bali, Indonesia.  I am very excited to finish the book and see what happens with Liz Gilbert's life, but more excited to watch the film with my mom and sisters once I get home.  I decided I had to do at least one productive and intelligent thing with all my free time.

BUT on a good note I think much of my free time will be filled up in the coming weeks as my coursework is getting closer to being due the first week of December and I am going on several trips in the coming weeks.  

Peace & Love, allie

No comments:

Post a Comment